Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How to get you toddler to clean up after themselves?



With my youngest this was a hard task, she's the queen of messes and my oldest was tired of picking up after her sister. I tried the clean up song with her, but that didn't work like it did with my six year old. What I did is join in and made it a game, who can pick up the most toys. Then I would change it the next day by giving her a little warning, that play will be ending when the timer rings and that something else is coming, and in 2 minutes we will be cleaning up so we can have a snack. Another day I would say, " I need a good helper to help me pick up this mess, hmm where can I find such a terrific helper" she would quickly jump up and say, " me mommy me!" This worked for me and there's many ways to get your child to clean up after themselves. You just need to make it fun and keep it interesting... :)







16 comments:

  1. i guess im lucky! my girls love cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are one of the lucky ones lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take care of two little boys and mann they love making a mess and never picking it up. I'm guna try what you did maybe they'll pick up some of their mess. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good techniques. This will come in handy when
    My baby is a toddler

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say boy pick up ur mess or ill call chucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe she could clean my room lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. wish i can get mine to clean

    ReplyDelete
  8. Useful when I have kids. I'll keep this in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. dont have kids but ill take it as a consideration

    ReplyDelete